Ash Goes to Europe

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Centrale d’agressivité, bonjour!

Hey guys,

I thought I would inform you about how absolutely UNCOORDINATED and UNORGANIZED the French system is.

I had two exams yesterday. The first one I didn’t know what time it was at. It only said it was in the AM (which, if you ask me, is a pretty large time frame for a 15minute exam!). So we sat in front of the teachers door from 8:15am till he showed up at 9am, where he told us he need to go get his computer fixed and would be back in half an hour….ahhhhh! Our exam started at 9:30…BUT the exams are done orally and he had two classes to do, so we had to wait until it was our turn.

My next exam was scheduled at 1:00pm (at least I knew the time for this one!) Except when I went to see the location it said:

- Left of the library
- Up metallic stairs
- First floor

That’s it. Nothing else. No room number or anything.(You must also understand that the library is like half an hour away from my faculty building!) Plus it said my exam actually started at 1:30….SO we went on a hunt for my exam room! We THOUGHT we had found it, but found it weird that it was now 2pm and the teacher had NOT shown up. Luckily a girl came to see one of her friends (who was also waiting to do her exam) and said that this was not the place. Actually, the place was:

- INFRONT of the library
- Up CEMENT stairs
- SECOND floor

Now does anybody see the difference between the directions we got and the correct directions? Had the exam coordinator (who is in charge of the international students and is what we English call “an air head”) made me miss my exam (thank god the teacher was nice and let us take our exam even though we were an hour and a half late) I might have killed her. No joke.

In the end I took both of my exams which I think went well, so thank god for that! 2 down, 3 to go!

In other news, it’s going to be 21+ degrees c all week!

Miss you lots and see u in just over 2 months!

-Ash
xoxo

10 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Very nice, Ash! I like how you ever-so-subtly implied that it's a whole heck of a lot nicer where you are then it is here... 21+, HA! In case no one has yet told you this, it snowed here on Sunday (April 15!!) then we had crazy wind storms/power outages on Monday. Lovely days...

Other than that, though, I'm glad to see your exams went well despite not knowing where you were going. It kinda shocks me to see how indifferent your professors seem to be. Like "Oh, you're an hour and a halk late for your exam! Well... that's alright, come on in!" or "Hhhmmm... I wonder why there are 30 students sitting outside my office door... did we have an exam today? That's interesting." Did it at any point seem like they were making the questions up as they went along?

Anyway, some of us have exams this week that we actually have to show up on time to, not to mention actually having material to study, so I'll be off to the library now!

I love you beaucoup beaucoup beaucoup!

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, like Steph, was gonna give you a piece of my mind for that little barb about your 21 degree weather, since ours has been pure CRAP for many, many, many days now, but since Steph chastised you I will let it slide....

Perhaps your invigilator (love this word) are using code books in which METALLIC means CEMENT and so on. I suggest you go on a hunt for said book before your next exam! If you cannot find the code book, then you should tie down your exam coordinator and tickle his or her feet with a feather until he or she provides proper exam instructions.

Glad I could be be of assistance ;o)

Jo

6:30 AM  
Blogger Ash said...

Just so we are clear: I HAVE SOOOO MUCH MATERIAL TO STUDY FOR!!!! The exams are just a lot less organized!!!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

You're less organized!!!! Oooohh... SNAP!



I'm currently at the library, so NOT studying hard enough.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Ash said...

You're face is less organized...BURN!

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness Girls - I'm gonna have to make you guys take a time out!!!

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im sensing a lot of hostility here...at least today go to 20 degrees...so we're getting close to being even...

must study some more

toodles

2:12 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

You know, Ash, if you don't start being nicer to me, I just might be forced to withhold all these lovely shows I have for you...

Looks like you'll never find out about Neela and Dr. Bon Jovi...

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Ash!!! That's such a weird system... if you even want to call it that! I'm sure you are working super hard if i know you. Keep it up. U ARE A SUPER STAR!!!! Lovies and look it's almost the end of April! Not much time left! love and hugs and kisses! Alyssa... Can you please share the nice weather??

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there. It's almost over.
Love your sweet mama

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home