Ash Goes to Europe

Friday, May 04, 2007

Summer 2007 Begins...

Exams are done, and summer is finally here... im by the ocean and life is good. But i cant help but wonder if this is the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

Summer in Montpellier is crazy. We spend afternoons at the beach, go to vineyards and have beach parties. The first bunch of people have already left back to their country of origin and it has hit me that my exchange experience will soon be coming to an end....Ive met some of the most amazing people, done some of the craziest things, seen some of the most beautiful countries in the world and had an amazing time...it is kinda hard to picture the fact that it will all end!!!

Presently i am in Spain. I was in Madrid for the past three days. Madrid is in the center of Spain, so there are no beaches...not that we could have gone to the beach even if there had been one because it was raining and cold.... BUT we managed to be there on May 2nd which happens to be Madrid Day!! So it was one big party! We went to a bull fight which i still have mixed emotions about. ...they kill the bull.... very disturbing if u ask me, but definitivley an experience. I got to see a palaise and pretend that I was a princess while i walked throught the gold rooom!!! We also visited some of the most beautiful churches that I had ever seen, and walked through some outstanding parks. At night, when we werent watching bulls being killed, we were watching Flamenco shows...the national dance! It is amazing...lost of clapping of the hands and snapping of the fingers and crazy stomping of the feet and twirling of the dresses!!! Loves it! Today we left super early in the morning for Valencia. We visited the largest and apparently the best aquarium in Europe. I got to watch a dolphine show, which was cool, but besides that, it was definitivley not worth the over priced entrance fees! Tomorrow we will meet up with some other friends from our exchange program and will finish touring Valencia before heading off to Barcelona!!!! The weather is much better here so Im hoping it will keep up like this for the rest of our trip...

Adios!

-Ash
xoxo

7 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Ash, I'm jealous! Spain sounds fabulous, and although you could probably do without the bull killings, a bull fight is definitely worth seeing! And Flamenco dancing! HOT!

Anyways, I think you took philosophy too seriously... is this the beginning of the end or the end of the beginnig ... calm down there Aristotle. But seriously, my vote goes toward the end of the beginning. More of a "glass half full" sort of perspective, no???

Anyways, I love you beaucoup beaucoup beaucoup!

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashley, good to hear from you.Please check in with us either by e-mail, text messaging, or call us. It is okay to reverse the charges. Hopefullly, we will hear from you twice a week!!! Love you so much... Mom

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey hey! I do read your blogs! I do I do!!!! hahaha My friend was on xcahnge in Barcelona and said it was one of the most beautiful cities in Europe! I know you will have a blast! About the bull fights..do they do this on a regular basis or just cause it was the national holiday? Sounds a bit gruesome to me...but at the same time it makes me think of America's Next Top Model...haha I watch wayyyy too much tv. Lots of lovin!
-Pat

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashley! One of your other friends wrote in their comment that your experiences with bull fighting remind them of ANTM.... thats the first thhing that popped in my head too!
Things sound pretty dry over here compared to what you are experiencing. I love dolphins!
Party hard and be safe my love!
Alyssa xxoxo

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola hermana! Como estas? Sounds like you're having a great time. Unfortunately, that's what usually happens in bullfights. Let's just say I wouldn't want to see that on a regular basis. Te amo y te veré pronto!

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try to call mom!!! She really really misses you.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Thursday, 11PM - I am shocked and appaled. Come home now... or at least write a new blog so I can think of other things.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home